Aug 15, 2019

#

My Raksha Bandhan Makeup Look Tutorial. Step-by-step guide. Easy Festive Makeup Look for beginners.

Hey peeps!
Firstly, wishing you’ll a very Happy Independence Day.🇮🇳
Secondly, girls let’s flaunt our foremost ethnic look this Raksha Bandhan. RakshaBandhan is one of the most special festivals in the month of Shravan, as on this day we celebrate the pure bond between a brother and sister. Today I’m sharing my makeup look for this auspicious day. And, I’ll also give you it’s step-by-step guide to create this particular makeup look. So, let’s begin!


Step 1: Primer

 Always start by applying a primer on a clean face. This will ensure that the makeup lasts all day. It creates a smooth surface on the face & helps to reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and blemishes. I’m using Kryolan ultra underbase primer.

Step 2: Foundation 

 Apply the foundation on your face and neck using a damp sponge. It creates an even and uniform color complexion and hide your flaws. It functions as a base layer. I’m using Kryolan vitacolor in the shade OB 2.

Step 3: Concealer 

 Apply concealer under your eyes & areas where you see blemishes & acne. Blend it using a damp beauty blender. It helps to hide the dark circles, pimples and pigmentation. I’m using The One Illuskin Concealer. I don’t remember in what shade it is, so sorry for being forgetful.

Step 4: Translucent powder

 Set the foundation & concealer using a fixing powder & a fluffy brush. It just sets the base makeup perfectly. I’m using Derma Color Campuflage System Fixing Powder from Kryolan in the shade P5.

Step 5: Bronzing 

I forgot to do contouring but it’s my responsibility to mention about it so... Do the contouring to enhance your features; your cheekbones, hairline, bridge of the nose & jawline. It simply enhances the facial features and adds a bit of tanned look. It is more common in western countries rather than India. We Indians generally do not prefer to contour. 

Step 6: Eyebrow filling gel

 Now fill your brows giving it a defined shape. It defines your brows and give it that perfect shape. I’m using Incolor cosmetics gel liner & smudger.

Step 7: Eyeshadow 

Now that the base makeup is almost done, let’s move to the eye makeup.  Start by applying the eyeshadow colour which is just one tone darker than your shade on the crease and then flick it outward.  Now you can either use some shimmery shade or  the shade matching your outfit over the lid and blend both the crease colour and colour over the lid. I’m using colours from Teen.Teen ceremonial touch eyeshadow palette.

Step 8: Eye liner 

 Apply the eyeliner in whatever shape you like & some Kajal on your upper & lower waterline. I’ve done the ‘Thick Flick’ shape or whatever you call it. I’m using Lakme Absolute Shine Line Eyeliner & Revlon Eyeliner Kajal.

Step 9: Mascara 

Use some mascara over your lashes. You may use fake eyelashes over it if you want & then again apply mascara over it. Mascara makes our eye-lashes look super voluminous. I’m using Giordani Gold Iconi All-in-one Mascara.

Step 10: Lipstick 

Now it’s time for a pop of colour. Apply a lip liner on the edges of your lips to give a sharp look. Run a lipstick of your choice over your lips. I’m using Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor. I don’t remember it’s exact shade but it’s in a Pink tint. And, The One Colour Stylist Lip Liner in similar pink tint as my lip liner.

Step 11: Blusher

 And now my favourite part...Apply blush on the apples of your cheeks using a fluffy brush. It just makes your face radiant and glowing. I’m using the same lipcolor mentioned above for my blush.

Step 12: Highlighter 

Pick up your highlighter and dot the shimmery product above your cheekbones, down the bridge of your nose & inner corner of your eyes. Blend out using your fingertip for a seamless shine. Doing so it brighten ups the skin on that given area, creates the perception of depth and angles. Highlighter is the type of cosmetics which reflects light. I’m using Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter.

I’ve used beauty blender sponge from Kryolan, fluffy makeup brush from Giordani Gold(GG), eyeshadow brushes from Kryolan & Brow filling brush from Uroparis.

There you go; done with the makeup! Put on your foremost ethnic wear. Do your hair. Spice up with some ethnic accessories & that’s it!
Well, how easy all this sounds, right? But, it actually took me 1.5 hours to get ready. Insane!

Follow my blog!

Subscribe my blog to get notified whenever I post new updates.
Let me know in the comments section below if you want to know more about stuff like this.
Thank you.
Loads of love.🧡

2 comments:

Follow me @hansikalathi

https://instagram.com/hansikalathi?igshid=1gyzpd2nmw1qu