Aug 8, 2020

#

An address to my late friend | How to cope with stress during lockdown

 Welcome back everyone! Today I'm going to share a precious part of my life; about the unbearable loss of my life. I'm also going to share my opinion about mental health issues during lockdown along with solutions, so that it may help some of you to get rid of stress and live your life to the fullest and I pray that none of you go through those painful things...

Addressing my late friend Saya

I'm shattered to inform you that I've lost my gem, true friend, supporter, caring, brave, loving, cheerful, kind, talented, guide, affectionate, funny, forgiving, strong, bold, confident, bubbly, smart, hardworking, responsible, crazy, determined, chatty, moody, sensitive, selfless, best friend ๐’๐š๐ฒ๐š. She suicided on 28 July 2020 at a very young age of 20.
 In her memory, I would like to tell you all about her impressive achievements and our precious memories.

A glimpse of her achievements
First of all, let's have a glance at her awesome achievements.

She was an athlete at national level. She stood 1st runner-up in 100m hurdles in the year 2014. She was also a state-level champion in skating. Here's a look at all her achievements in sports.

Jaw-dropping! Right?
But due to certain personal reasons she couldn't make it further in her sports career. Not only an athlete but she was also a dental student. Yes! so many achievements at this young age...

A letter to Saya from her beloved Shona(me)
I'm extremely shattered and I don't know from where to start and how to express my feelings in words for you Saya. You were the best thing that ever happened to me. You've touched my heart in so many ways that I could never have thought of your care and love & I'll always treasure our friendship with every breath in me. You were so brave, so strong, so caring, loving and affectionate & the happy going beautiful soul I've ever met in my life. We met each other in our college and made an instant connection.

We became roommates along with Khushi(Ranjo) & led to the blissful friendship we ever had. We made it from #YaShiKa to #Dyashika (Deepa, Sayali, Khushi, Hansika). We did a lot of fun together from a soothing and relaxing talk to the creepiest & craziest things I ever did. It was you who taught me to smile whatever the situation is. You and Ranjo taught me how to deal with shitty people, how to fight for ourself, how to speak up against wrong things and what not. Our silly jokes, drama and all the fun we had... I'm missing ever bit of it.

We laughed, we cried, we loved, we cared, we fought, we shared all the secrets of our life. Nothing was hidden between us. But I just don't know what was bothering you so much that you took such a drastic step without our acknowledgment. There was so much left to do yaar, so much left to teach and learn, so much more memories to be made, so many trips to go, so many dreams to get fulfilled Saya...Why did you left us so early?
 I loved to hear Shona from you... there's no one who calls me so lovingly the way you did. Your those sentences,
"Chalo guys, I'm ready."
"Shona, kitna late karegi!"
"Beta, tujhe na tujse jada main janti hoon"
"No worry guys, main hoon na!"
 "Shona, I love you."
still resound...I love you so much Saya!
I miss you very much...Hope that you were here & shared with us at least once what you were going through, we could have find out the solutions for you dear.
#Multi_talented #Dabangg #Allrounder #Athlete #SRK_lover #most_caring #oneinmillion
 I love you so very much Saya! Thank you for always being there for me through thick and thin, thank you for teaching me so many life lessons. I'll always feel blessed to be a best friend of such a beautiful soul. Though you are not physically here with us, you'll always be with me in my heart, until we meet again... I'll always cherish all our happy moments forever. May your soul rest in peace,  condolence and strength to your family.❤️


How to cope with depression/stress during lockdown

The lockdown has badly affected the mental health of people leading to anxiety and depression. Self-isolation can trigger our emotions making us feel anxious and stressed. And that's what happened with my best friend and a lot of other people. While quarantining, adults has generally led to negative psychological effects. I think that
 Loneliness + Overthinking = Extreme negative psychology 
which further leads to anxiety and stress. Here are the few solutions that you can opt for to take care of your mental health.

1. Talk to your close one'
It's the best option you can go for in such a situation. You can talk to your family/friends whoever you feel closer and comfortable with. It will definitely make you feel much lighter and less lonely considerably. You can also facetime your friends you've lost touch with. Connecting with each other and sharing our thoughts and feelings can reduce the stress to a great extend.

2. Meditate/Exercise
Meditation is one of the greatest way of making us calm and find our inner peace. It has a lot of benefits besides reducing the stress. You can begin with just 5 minutes a day and gradually increase the time according to yourself. You can pick any time of the day according to your convenience whether it be after waking up in the morning or before going to bed at night or even any time throughout the day. In the beginning, you may struggle with just sitting down and closing your eyes but day-by-day you'll learn to sit calm. Then another few weeks it will take to concentrate on breath. But once you get used to concentrate on your breath while sitting in calm position, then your brain will learn to seek happiness in that peace. Storm in mind can only be slowdowned by meditation. That's the real beauty of it.
Now, if you are not into meditation/uninterested in doing it try doing workout/exercise. It's a good way to stay healthy and kill time. Anything that gets your heart pumping is excellent for both your physical and mental health. 
You can find many online tutorials for meditation & workout on the social media platforms.

3. Recite positive affirmations & be grateful.
The first thing everyone should do after waking up in the morning is to look at yourself in the mirror and say positive things like "You are amazing", "This too shall pass", "I believe in myself", "I can do it" etc. This may sound stupid but trust me it builds our self-esteem & works as a kick-ass start to the day. Also, always try to keep a smile on your face even if you are not in the mood. Doing so makes you feel positive vibes. Try it!
The second thing is to always be grateful for whatever you have. Practicing gratitude for whatever you have at any point of time in a day has a huge impact on your mental health. 

4. Reframe "I'm stuck inside" to "I can focus on myself & utilize time to it's best"
This is the time you've been waiting for all your life, 'to get a holiday'. Now, you have so much time to focus on yourself and do what you like. Start getting creative & learn new things. Pursue that hobby you've been long ignore. I know, all of us have a hidden talent, it's time to show it up. Get your hands on cooking, dancing, singing, painting or anything you like. Also, it's not necessary to be perfect at everything/anything. Do it just for fun. It's important to do few things in life just as a fun.

5. Make a quarantine routine
While most of us would love to sleep in, because we don't have work to do, sticking to a routine is important for our mental health. Eat your meals at regular intervals, follow a proper sleep cycle, make a to-do list for the day. Indulge into new things. Also, don't beat yourself up if you don't complete the daily task. There's always a new day there.

6. Read the holy book
If nothing of the above works for you then sit down and read the holy book you prefer(of your religion/any religion you like). Now you must be thinking that what kind of suggestion is this but trust me there's solution to every problem in the holy book. Also, I'm a complete เคจाเคธ्เคคिเค• but I truly believe that a holy book has answers to all our questions.

7. Consult a psychiatrist
If you are at that extreme case of depression then immediately consult your psychiatrist. Do not think like "I'm not a mad person to consult a psychiatrist" because that's what most of us think. It's not like that at all. You'll be just getting a help over a mental issue just like we get it for our physical issues. Don't treat it that way. You should reach out to get a help if your anxiety becomes unmanageable.

That's all, people! Follow these steps and allow yourself to heal and calm. 
Stop. Remember you are the best in the world. No one can be like you. The life you live now is temporary, not permanent. There will be change, wait for it. You are going to have an epic future. Go ahead.
Stay healthy, stay safe, connect and be happy.

There's a guilt inside me for not knowing what my friend was going through & unable to help her to deal with whatever she was going through. I feel very incomplete without her presence, but I'll feel my life accomplished even if this post help one of you to cope with stress. 


Letters from our beloved friends

Here I represent a brief note by her beloved friends cum family.

Ranjo's letter for you Saya
Can hardly stop myself from crying, I never expected that our friendship will end so early in this way... but you know Saya  #DYaShiKa is meant to be forever .
Ya... may be you aren't physically present here but our memories with you will always last and that's enough for us to survive... FRIENDSHIP is not to be physically together... FRIENDSHIP is connection between two souls and you are always with us Saya.
Saya I dont know what was killing you inside... What made you to take this drastic step... but I definitely know you are the strong & the bravest girl I've came across...
Saya I have made less friends but they were my life yaar... & you were amongst them... I even can't express how I'm feeling right now... We have lost our gem, our rowdy, our dabbang member.
You have always shared everything with #YaShiKa then why you left us with so many questions unanswered Saya? You were like our mother who always cared for us... but now who will care for us Saya... You always protected us, always made us laugh in our worst moods, always supported us. You were the only person who knew me in and out. Your advices lifted me the most. I am going to miss you so much #mypartnerincrime.
We have sawn dreams together and we were about to fulfill all those... our plans for 2nd, 3rd & 4th year.
"Ranjo sunn na...I love u "
"Chal Ranjo Shona ko pareshan karte"
"Chal Ranjo Deepa ke room ki lights band karke aate"
"Ranjo sab thik hai na, itna muh kyu utra hua hai?"
Ranjo... Ranjo... Ranjo... This nickname will always be my fav one Saya.
My athlete boltsaya... I wish may your dream be fulfilled in next life. I will really miss the bright smile that made my day, it’s hard to believe that you are no more amongst us but will always be in our memories. Some people maybe thinking you were weak... cuz those people don't know you well and the one who knows and understands you well... knows better that you were the strongest girl.
We lost a great friend, but the universe received a new beautiful star. You are observing us from heaven, we will try our best to live happily so that your soul remains happy and rests in peace.
And even will take care of aunty and uncle ... they are really missing you badly Saya.
You'll always be missed Saya darling... and #DYaShiKa will always exist in our hearts ... Love you so so much Saya... Ranjo aur Shona tere bina akele pad gaye yaar...
But I know someday , somewhere we will meet again... Until we do ,I'll find the strength to live through each new day.
I'm grateful that I have met such a beautiful soul in this life and hope to meet you again in another life.
Gone from our sight ...not from our hearts.
Condolence to your family ...May your soul rest in peace.


Deepa's(Nautanki) letter for you Saya
It takes me lots and lots of strength to just believe you are no more around us ...This was not suppose to end so early, it's not even one year we met and this has become a memory... Me as a person was very selective in making friends as I'm afraid to lose them at any point of life and there I found the girls who matched my vibes, #YaShiKa, making it #DYaShiKa... Saya, know this you were very crucial in our lives, I don't know what you were hiding behind those smiles, but the world believed that you were the happiest person ever... Our friendship is meant forever, your physical presence might not be with us but your emotional presence is foreverrr...we will cherish the memories with you everyday...Just wanted to know that what made you do this? Only if I could know that those smiles were hiding a lot of things from us...I don't know what you might be going through but I know only this that you were not the one who give up easily, What you were going through in life, No-one could know your pain better than you. My strongest and bravest girl... I'm gonna miss those big hugsss which I used to get from you, which use to calm me in all ways... My ears will be waiting to hear Nautanki from your mouth and it would never be heard again... I don't even have words to describe the momets I shared with you... I can laugh as well as cry at the same time this many memories you gave to us... You played so many roles in our lives,cared like a mother, shouted like father, fought like a sister and loved more than a best friend... If God gave me a last wish to be fulfilled it will be give you back to our lives...This loss is unbearable... I just pray God that you might be in your happy space now and fulfill all your dreams in the new life you get... God has taken its favourite angel back, you might have got your wings and flying high in your space. Some people may think you were weak, coz those people don't know you well, but we know how strong & brave you were. Just be happy wherever you are... you have gone away from us, but not from these hearts... You don't know how much these idiots are missing you each day, can hardly put in words...And this isn't the end ❣️until we meet again Saya boo... I love u a lot... May your soul rest in peace Rockstar... Love and prayers for you. Condolence to the family...


Rutuja's letter for you Saya
It's a strange feeling... I have so much to say yet I'm speechless .
I am always grateful to have a friend like you and always will.๐Ÿ’–
"Irreplaceable"! The one word that definitely tells about you. There is no one like you and no one will ever be in future.
I never count years of our friendship, I count memories we both have...forever I will keep alive in meee. ❤️❤️❤️
Some times in life, you meet someone and feel an instant connection as if you've known her all your life and you realise that you don't have to be born from the same womb to be sisters !
The way you say "aye ritzz chalana hein kruu, aye ritzz yaar kay zale! ritzz tension nako gheus me aahee naa, ayee ritzz aple ikde cafe rahnar!!! ayee ritzz lovee youuu alll alll!!!" Baby I miss you more than youuu...
I wished I could fix that something which was broken inside you buttt...I couldn't.
You've gave me lots of memories & I've so much to write...
A part of my heart has gone with you...❤️
You'll be always missed!!! My babeee!
~Yours ritzzz❤️


Dear Saya,
Those special memories of you will always bring a smile on my face. The fact that you are no longer with us causes me pain but you are forever in my heart. May your soul rest in peace.๐Ÿค

7 comments:

  1. This is so heart breaking๐Ÿ’”

    ReplyDelete
  2. May her peace rest in peace!๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hardly missing saya.๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ
    Nd this blog of urs is really helpful over depression nd mental health.. ๐Ÿ‘

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIP saya๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ˜ข

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss u saya very badly
    #yashika will always exist ...we love u so much darling
    Hansu ...u doing great job by making people aware of mental stress and depression ๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP to saya๐Ÿ’❣️.This blog is much needed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully described guys...some stories r never ending ...๐Ÿ’–

    ReplyDelete

Follow me @hansikalathi

https://instagram.com/hansikalathi?igshid=1gyzpd2nmw1qu