May 30, 2020

#

My hair-care routine | Tips and hacks for hair-care

Hair are the one of the most attractive part of our body and needs to be taken care just the way we care for our skin. I was quit irregular with my hair care but quarantine made me focus on self-care. Henceforth, I started following a routine for hair-care and would like to share about it on my blog because, doing so added an extra shine, softness and moisture to my hair. Also, the routine that I'm gonna share is super easy with no extra efforts. And, I'll also share few basic tips and hacks that you should definitely follow.

Before beginning with the body of this post I would like to inform you that a hair-care routine and the hair-care products differ for different hair textures and types.

# My hair type
• Type of scalp: 
I've a normal scalp. And a normal scalp results into normal hair.
• Texture of hair:
The texture of my hair is wavy which I love the most. I possess a medium length hair with dark brown color.
PS: I always prefer an advanced haircut i.e. layered+step cut. It suits my face shape as well as my hair texture.

#How I take care of my hair...
I would like to inform you that I don't use any styling tools onto my hair. It's very rare that I've used any of the hair styling tools, neither I've done any dye. The routine that I'm sharing today is quite basic which could be followed by everyone of you. The only thing is that the products may differ according to type of scalp and hair textures. I follow a 5 step routine for my hair every 3-4 days.

#Step 1: Hair oiling
The first step in my hair care routine+as an Indian girl) is hair oiling. Not only it's a therapy for yourself but also a great stimulant for hair growth. 
• Product I use: Generally coconut oil works well but I prefer using WOW skin science 10 in 1 Miracle Hair Oil. Now, if you wanna know why I love this oil then checkout it's review
#Tip 1: Contrary to the popular belief, something that I believe is not to heat up the hair oil. It kills all the nutrients of the oil and then there's no point in using that oil. Now, what I do is take some amount of it onto my palm and gently massage it onto my scalp, only scalp. Massaging is very important in hair-care as it soothes and increases blood circulation in that area. Do not forget to relax and stay calm while you are massaging. You've to focus on you yourself at this moment.

#Step 2: Hair mask
The second step is application of hair mask. Doing so makes my hair shinier, soft, healthier and adds moisture. Now, this is generally a post shower treatment but I like to do it pre-shower, just because it gets more time to penetrate deeper and deeply moisture my hair. Currently, I am using a DIY hair mask.

# Hack 1: DIY Hair mask
Take
2 tbs coconut oil
1 tbs castor oil (it promotes hair growth)
2 tbs yogurt
1 tbs raw honey🍯
2 vitamin E capsules
You can also add 1 tbs Aloe Vera Gel and a pinch of turmeric powder.
Mix and apply to hair from root to length.
Now, if you are using a DIY hair mask like this you can skip the first step but, do massage your scalp.

In case you use a market product of hair mask, apply it only on the length of your hair and not on the scalp instead, prefer oiling on the scalp.

#Tip 2: I always prefer to keep my hair mask and oil overnight sealed with a shower cap to lock the moisture before I wash my hair the next day. And, using a shower cap also prevents pillow from staining.

#Step 3: Wash your hair 
About how often you should wash your hair! I wash my hair every 3-4 days. Also, keep in mind people that not only your shampoo/cleanser but also all other skincare and haircare products that you use should be paraben free.

#Tip 3: Never forget to dilute the shampoo with water before use.

#Tip 4: Keep changing your shampoo constantly.


#Step 4: Conditioning
Using a conditioner provides a variety of benefits, such as preventing hair breakage and tangling as well as helping create soft and smooth hair. Best hair conditioner I've ever came across is WOW Skin Science Coconut-Avocado Hair Conditioner
#Tip 5:Do not hold your hair tightly, especially when damp. So, I'm sharing a quick DIY towel wrap with you all.

#Hack 2: DIY towel wrap for hair
Here is the link to my another post explaining DIY Towel Wrap for hair in detail: towel wrap

#Step 5: Hair Serum
A hair serum makes hair shinier, healthier and reduces tangles. As the serum reflects light, it makes hair look lustrous and healthier. It also protects hair from dust and humidity. It holds the hair fibers together, preventing damage. Always apply serum on damp hair.

(Checkout my review on Streax Pro Hair Serum.) Before using hair styling products, use this serum to protect your hair from heat damage.

#Tip 6:Keep trimming your hair every 3-4 months.

#Tip 7:Always tie your hair in a loose bun or loose braid while you sleep.

#Tip 8:While combing, start from the bottom part of hair length and then move upwards.

#Tip 9:Use a silk pillow case whenever you sleep. I've heard great things about it, but I'll need to do more research on that!

#Tip 10:Do not rub your hair to dry them. Instead, pat dry them so that there's no hair breakage.

Here we go! So, this was all that I do in my hair care routine.

Follow my blog
It means a lot to me when you hit that subscribe button and when you leave your beautiful comments ^_^
Thank you so much for reading.
Connect with me on instagram @hansika.lathi
I'm active there and post related content constantly.
Stay tuned.
Loads of love.♡



2 comments:

  1. Love how the 3 products work in unisen the shampoo, conditioner and black mist spray to give you touchable soft, shiny and volume hair (BLACKWOOD)

    ReplyDelete

Follow me @hansikalathi

https://instagram.com/hansikalathi?igshid=1gyzpd2nmw1qu