Nov 16, 2019

#

Beauty basics: Makeup Essentials – Beginners Guide

Hey everyone!
Firstly, I would like to say clear & loud,

 “makeup should be used only to enhance our facial features, & not paint a whole new face”. 

That’s just so silly!
If you’ve just started venturing into the world of makeup then learning about makeup essentials is the best way to begin.
This checklist of basic makeup essentials for beginners has everything you need to make your personal beauty bag complete.
I’ve listed 11 basic makeup essentials that you should have with product suggestions that are perfect for beginners, according to me.

1. Primer 

2. Foundation 

3. Concealer 

4. Eyebrow filler

5. Eye-shadow palette 

6. Eyeliner 

7. Mascara 

8. Blusher-Bronzer Duo 

9. Lip product of your choice 

10. A beauty blender 

11. Q-tips & makeup wipes 


Primer : 

Great makeup begins with great skincare. The primer will ensure a flawless base that keeps makeup in place all day. This will ensure that the makeup lasts all day. It creates a smooth surface on the face & helps to reduce the appearance of pores, fine lines and blemishes. A good quality primer generally begins at the range of ₹400 to ₹500. Currently I’m using Kryolan ultra underbase primer(₹1300).

Foundation :

Let me clear one thing first! Wearing foundation isn’t going to make you look like you’re wearing a mask! And when you choose the right foundation for your skin type, it’s going to look and feel amazing. It creates an even and uniform color complexion and hide your flaws. It functions as a base layer. I recommend Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation(₹500) in your shade.

Concealer:

It helps to hide under-eye circles & cover blemishes. I would suggest to use MAC Studio Finish SPF 35 Concealer (₹2050) in your shade.

Eyebrow filler:

Though there are variety of forms available in market , Rimmel professional brow pencil (225) is perfect for beginners as it is easy to use as well as budget friendly product.

Eyeshadow palette:

Who doesn’t love colours going on the lids? If you use makeup on the regular basis then nudes are perfect for you. Also, nude eyeshadow palette is essential for beginners to practice the technique of eyeshadow application & they never go out of style. I recommend Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette (₹899).

Eyeliner:

Eyeliner is an integral part of any makeup look. (it can also be the toughest : | ) If you aren’t very skilled at applying it, it’s best to begin with a pencil liner before moving onto a liquid one. I recommend Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil(₹550).

Mascara: 

A mascara can magically transform your eyes & instantly turn on those lashes with more volume, definition & length. The best mascara for beginners is the Maybelline hypercurl volum’ express mascara (₹325). Opt for the waterproof version of mascara if you’re gonna get emotional after wearing it.

Blusher-Bronzer Duo:

And here comes my favourite part of the makeup. When blush and bronzer are applied correctly, it’ll instantly lift up your face and give you that gorgeous, youthful glow. I recommend the ELF matte blush & bronzing powder (₹1634).

Lip product of your choice:

How about some colours? Lipstick (or gloss, if you want a more casual look) is the perfect antidote to the blahs. If lipstick/gloss isn’t your thing, just like me ; ) why not try a tinted lip balm instead. And if you really don’t wanna wear any of these, a regular lip balm will do just fine.

A beauty blender:

The beauty blender is perfect for effortlessly blending foundation, blush, & concealer. PAC beauty blender sponge (₹555) is good for beginners.

Q-tips & makeup wipes:

Even pros make mistakes & dabbing a q-tip into lotion is their secret for instantly erasing errors. For those nights when you’re too lazy to wash your face, makeup wipes will be your best friend. I recommend Kara beauty refreshing wipes aloe vera & mint oil (₹110).

I’ve tried to recommend all the good quality & budget friendly products together which will help you to form your makeup kit. Also, all the above mentioned products are available under offers online.

Okay, so if you just thought that I’m a ‘makeup guru’ (as I was acting like one...), well, I’m NOT!🙊


Follow my blog!

Subscribe my blog to get notified whenever I post new updates.
Let me know in the comments section below if you’re a beginner & this blog post helped you, it’ll be a pleasure for me.😊
Thank you.
Loads of love.💛

Special offer by Huda Beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me @hansikalathi

https://instagram.com/hansikalathi?igshid=1gyzpd2nmw1qu